The holiday season is a special time of year to spend with family and friends, but we all know it can also be pretty hectic. With gifts to buy, parties to throw and holiday meals to prepare, we could all use some fun tips to help check the basics off our list! Here are a few pointers from a busy mom, CSI: MIAMI star Eva La Rue (Maria, ALL MY CHILDREN)!
1. Party-perfect style: I like red, green, blue and white as much as the next person, but wearing traditional holiday colors are sometimes expected. For this year's parties, why not opt for metallics with a gold and silver sheen?! Also, now is not the time to shy away from those sparkly sequins. By rocking these festive trends, you are sure to WOW at any party.
2. Mistletoe-approved puckers: My everyday look is pretty natural; that's why I prefer to pick a bold lipstick in the season's hottest shades -- like red or fuchsia -- to shine at holiday parties. I find that it is the perfect addition for creating the ultimate, festive look. With the right shade, you will have kissable lips for that special someone under the mistletoe.
3. Start with a smile: When you are a working mother, every day is hectic. Add the holidays to that mix, and there is no time to over-think everyday tasks. That's why I turn to Crest Complete Multi-Benefit Deep Clean toothpaste, it gives me the signals I need to know that I'm covered so I can go about my day -- confident that my oral care is taken care of.
4. Holiday feng shui: A great way to add some holiday cheer to your home this season is with pops of color. I figure since it is a festive season, you should have fun displaying items you wouldn't have in your house year round. It helps put everyone in a cheery mood!
5. Come together in the kitchen: The holidays are all about family time. A great way to come together is to plan a group project. I say, divide and conquer! This year, I plan to cook the holiday meal with my family. This way everyone contributes to the table and spends quality time together; making memories and meals!